Friday, June 17, 2011

Feeling Guilty

Lately I have been feeling really guilty. I have been planning for a new baby girl (in other words shopping!) and planning for preschool, which has involved a bit of shopping, and a LOT of printing.

I know the organizing rule that when you bring new stuff in, old stuff should go out...and that has not been happening in this house! Some of it is not for lack of trying, I have listed a few things on craigslist several times, but so far as many replies as I have gotten, no one has followed through. So today I went to work re-listing items, apparently if you try to make 4 posts one right after another "craigslist can't keep up" and you have to wait a while...I don't know how long that is as I tried over an hour later and still got that message!

However, that's still no where near the number of things I need to be getting rid of, and so this weekend I am going to start with a small goal to get rid of 25 items. They must LEAVE the house by Monday and items that are already in the donate box do not count.

So far I have collected:
-3 shirts out of my closet that are way too small, which I will be giving to my neighbor's daughter
-3 shirts out of my son's "store for winter" bin that I don't think he will fit in next winter, that will go in the donate box.

I have less than 14 weeks until baby #2 arrives, and I really want to be able to relax and enjoy my baby without the stress of all this clutter and disorganization when she arrives. So I have a ton of work to do in the next 3 months...hopefully that means more activity on this blog and a more peaceful Momma!

PS, you can check out my new pre-school/tot school blog over at http://piecesofparenthood.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment