The 28 day challenge has come to end! I think I did pretty well for being as organizationally challenged as I am!
First of all I would like to say a big thanks to my husband for all his hard work in helping me get this accomplished!
Next I will start with the summary questions:
1. What was the hardest part of the challenge for you and were you able to overcome it?I think the hardest part of the challenge and organizing and decluttering for me in general is purging. My husband and I both have a hard time getting rid of things. I think we have made a significant difference in letting things go, but I am sure there is still lots of room for improvement!
2. Tell us what kind of changes/habits you have put into place in order for your area/room to maintain its new order?
Now that we have designated spaces for all our items, we can know where to put things away. Before we often didn't have a specific place for items to go, so they just got left wherever they landed. I think now knowing exactly where everything is supposed to go, it will be much easier to get everything put away!
3. What did you do with the “stuff” you were able to purge out of your newly organized space?
A lot of the things we purged went into the trash. And many items went into donate/sell boxes which we will be putting in a garage sale this spring, whatever doesn't sell will go straight to Goodwill.
4. What creative storage solutions were you able to introduce in order to create additional space as well as establish some limits and boundaries?
One of my favorite things was the wire shelves we added in the closet close together to store all my cake pans. Makes it easy to get to them without having them all topple over when trying to dig one out from the bottom. I really planned to do more, but when my husband went back to get more of the wire shelving (it was 12 foot wire shelving that was cut to fit our closet) it had doubled in price! OVERNIGHT. I was mad, but I really hope to add more specific shelving for items if we ever find that shelving cheap enough again.
5. Why do you think you should win this challenge?This is a hard question for me, because I really never think I deserve to win anything, so I will try to pretend for a moment to have a few ounces of self confidence: I think I have made a dramatic improvement on our office/craft room, and I already feel a big weight lifted off my shoulders, and feel like now I actually can accomplish something in here. I joined this challenge in the hopes that it would hold me accountable to actually getting something done, and it has definitely given me the motivation to conitue organizing all over my house. I think I have turned a room that was barely usable and made me feel so stressed before into a room that will be great for doing all my craft projects, and be more inspiring than holding me back because of all the clutter. And because I have a lot of work to do organizing all over the rest of my house, I would definitely put any prize to good use!
So now to the pictures:
I will start with the closet:
Now into the room:
My desk Before:
Our new desk area, we moved my husband's desk by mine and moved the printer table to where his desk was:
The end of my desk before:
Printer Table Before:
The spot when it was my husbands desk:After:
Sink Area before:
Craft Table Before:
Probably the most dramatic difference in the room...After: