Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Making our house a home

I know I haven't posted on this blog in a very long time. Honestly, I had pretty much given up with how unsuccessful last year turned out. I had all these hopes of getting organized, and did not accomplish even a fraction of what I had hoped. The few things I did accomplish quickly fell apart without constant maintenance, that I have yet to figure out.

I thought I would give up this blog all together, but a friend of mine found this blog a while back and said that it inspired her to do some much needed organization in some of her kitchen cabinets. Which in turn inspired me to get back on the wagon and try again.

Now I have a plan for the future, I want to buy a bigger house with 4 bedrooms instead of 3 and of course have a bigger yard, etc, etc. I spend a lot time thinking about it and how to make it happen, and in turn I neglect the house I live in. I think "well I don't want to put too much money and effort in here because I would rather save to get our dream house" I realize that this is totally off and I should be making the house we live in our home, instead of planning for something that we will be lucky if it happens in the next 10 years. So I am determined to focus on turning the house we have into something that can feel more like home, and be more pleasant to live in for the time that we are here.

We have several projects lined up for the coming months. Putting some extra shelves in our son's closet, and some extra shelves in our hall cabinet. We are planning to stack our washer and dryer so that we can take the dryer side and turn it into a pantry, and turn our entry closet back into a storage/coat closet since it really does not function well as a pantry. And most important of all, turning our guest bedroom into a nursery for the new baby girl that we are expecting in September!

No comments:

Post a Comment