Thursday, May 6, 2010

Craft Blog

This post is probably going to turn into a long rambling introduction into my new craft blog, so in case you don't want to read it, I'll start with the link:

http://lovedreamcreate.wordpress.com/

I'll start off by saying it is a wordpress blog because neither lovedreamcreate nor love-dream-create were available on blogger, although I have checked both, and one has never had a post and the other it says doesn't exist. Oh well I guess I will give wordpress a try.

The reason why I had to switch blog sites is because I have spent a long time trying to come up with a name for a craft blog and a logo to go with it, because it's just not the same if I don't have some cute little logo to go on the top of my blog...you can tell how great I am at that right? :) So today I finally came up with this and what I think will be a cute logo, I just have to figure out how to make it digital. I drew up a sketch, not well, but it gets the idea across, just need to play around with photoshop to see if I can make it, or find someone who can! So you see if I stuck with blogger, it would be another 6 months before I got a craft blog going, because it would take me that long to come up with another name, and then I still might not be so lucky for that name to be available!

If you haven't been able to tell already, I am a fairly pessimistic person, who also gets discouraged easily. I spend a lot of time thinking about what other people can do or what they have or how they are, and think how I want all of those things. I don't really ever sit back and think about things that I CAN actually do, and mostly I am afraid to do things, because, yes, I'm afraid of failing, or I'm afraid no one will like me and so on. I am also a perfectionist, and never see anything I do as good enough, and I really need to quit being so hard on myself and start being proud of the things that I do. So this craft blog is about me attempting to step out of my shell and actually start doing things instead of just thinking about them.

I don't really know much about using wordpress, so it may take a while for me to get the layout set up, but I do have an intro blog up, and will hopefully be posting some project pictures tomorrow. I am a little sad that I can't find a "followers" thing on wordpress, but interested to learn about the features it has.

I hope to see you over there!

No comments:

Post a Comment