Sunday, May 2, 2010

New Month, New Start

So I have decided that I am going to start looking at each month as a new start. A time to evaluate the past month, and make adjustments to start moving in the right direction, with finances, time, organizing, etc.

A few things going on this month...our neighborhood is going to have it's first block party! We are so glad to have great neighbors.

Our 2 year wedding anniversary is on May 17, and our baby boy turns 1 on the 18th! We are having his birthday party on the 22nd, which is also my sister's b-day.

I can't believe my baby is already going to turn 1, but I am excited about his party, and am loving planning for it! I think I have discovered a new love in party planning!

So yesterday was National Scrapbooking Day, and while I didn't exactly work on my scrapbooks, I used my awesome Animal Crackers paper stack from DCWV to create an awesome birthday banner, for my little man's jungle themed birthday party.

I am thinking of other ideas for decorations and such too, and look forward to showing you all after his party!

I will also have pictures soon of some organizing I have done today! Got lots to do to get ready for having all the company over for M's party!

I also have decided we need to somewhat start over financially. I use Quicken to track our finances, and have made a new file starting May 1st. We are going to start tracking better and trying to stick more to a budget. We are not going to eat out unless it is socially, when family is here, or we go out with friends.

Well the family is heading outside to enjoy the evening, so I will go join them! Hope everyone's having a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment