Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Looking for motivation...

As I posted before I knew we wouldn't get half done of what we planned to this weekend. But in our defense, we did have an unexpected problem with the leaking of our washing machine last week, which still has not been fixed. We did find out the problem, but have yet to work out a solution, but several hours were spent this weekend working on it, therefore taking away from our kitchen project. Not to mention after my husband got the top of the walls painted and ready for the glaze, I put on a little of the glaze and decided I hated it. So Sunday we had to go back to Lowe's so I could pick out another color of paint.

What we did accomplish in the kitchen:
The top half of the walls are now painted.
DH mudded over the paneling on the bottom half under the chair rail.
The bottom half of the walls are now painted.

ummm....surely there has to be more! That sounds like so little!

I did finish a couple of burp cloths. I am hoping to get some more done and start listing them on our Etsy store. I do need to go get a bit more variety of fabric though. I will try to get some pictures of them soon and post them.

So I had been planning to start trying to get up earlier for a little bit of me time, but that's not really working out. Mason has decided this week he is going to start waking up at 7:30 in the morning. Which was about the time I was getting up for my me time. And I just don't think I can go a whole lot earlier than that! I don't do the whole getting up before dawn thing! I need daylight to make me feel alive!

Lucky for me today Mason and my nephew are down for a nap at the same time! Of course until I say that...now Mason will probably soon be awake. And what have I spent my time during their nap doing....nothing! There is so much to do I feel overwhelmed and don't know where to start! I need some motivation! What motivates you?

1 comment:

  1. Hey - painting the walls is a lot! It has taken me 1 week just to paint the ceiling in my twins' room. Plus, the paint is what makes such a big difference in the space.
    Thanks for visiting me today...

    Danielle

    ReplyDelete