Monday, January 4, 2010

Weekend Assessment...FAIL

Ok, so this weekend was bad. I did not reach all my goals. But it is a new week, so I will try, try again.

Friday I spent the afternoon at the mall with my sister. We rarely get to hang out with out the little ones, so I'm ok I spent the afternoon out instead of home cleaning/organizing.

While we were out I purchased the book The Coupon Mom's Guide to Cutting You Grocery Bill in Half. My sister had a 40% off coupon for the book and she let me use it. I figure that is ok, since it is inline with my goals of organizing our finances.

Friday evening I did manage to get our Christmas decor taken down and stored into boxes, now I just have to convince my husband to take it up to the attack.

I also managed to clean off my scrapbook table, although now it is covered in bills that I need to pay and coupons I was clipping last night.

I need a system for organizing my coupons...what do you use?

The kitchen was also looking a lot better thanks to my wonderful husband for doing the dishes, but then he decided to organize the "baby" cabinet where we store all Mason's food/bottles/cups/etc, so now my counters are once again covered in stuff because he started taking things out and never got around to putting them back...so that may be my goal for today.

I also would love to get my whole office/scraproom cleaned and organized so that I can start working on some sewing projects. I also soon will need to start my projects for Mason's first birthday party. Even though his birthday is 4.5 months away, I am planning on making his invitations by hand, I guess we'll see how that goes. I may have to make digital ones and have them printed. Though I still want to make him a happy birthday banner with my animal kingdom cricut cartridge that needs some use.

I didn't get my household notebook ready for the new year either, though realy the biggest thing I have to do is take out 2009 bills and ditch the 2009 calendar. I never really used it for much other than a place to put bills...would like to do more with it this year, but I'm not really sure where to start.

Well the little guy is begging for some attention, and after some play time, and probably after lunch I think I will try to tackle the organization of the "baby" cabinet.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Lots going on. I hope you reach your goals this week. Or at least some of them. I've been thinking about couponing, too, and trying to figure out how to organize them.

    ReplyDelete