Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Organized Baby Cabinet


Well I got one goal completed. Yesterday I got the baby cabinet organized:

Maybe not great, but its much better than it was.

Now I have to find a place to store my storage bowls, but hopefully DH will be building me some open shelves this weekend to go over our new base cabinet we added to extend our countertops when we put new ones in. Then I can store some of my nicer glasses on the open shelves which will allow me to reorganize the cabinets to find space for my storage bowls.

I didn't have time to do a lot today between Mason wanting attention, me tutoring, and me just being plain lazy...LOL. I did get 3 loads of laundry folded, and most of it put away.

I got my new external hard drive tonight, so I may be spending free time tomorrow organizing photos so that I can have them all backed up and nicely organized. I also really need to edit all the pictures from Christmas. I will definitely feel a little relief when I have all my pictures backed up because right now I am absolutely terrified of losing them!

Last night we also went grocery shopping and I came home and listed everything in an excel spreadsheet. I am hoping to keep much better tabs on how much we are spending on what this year so I can try to get a good idea of common prices so I know when there is a good price, and also see what categories we can cut back in. It is all very overwhelming right now, I really hope I will be able to stick to it and actually feel more in control of our money and know where it is going instead of asking where it went. I also made a weekly budget for this week and put cash into envelopes for each. It will take a lot of tweaking, but hoping to try this system and see how it goes.

1 comment:

  1. ...looks soooooooo much better this way...and you can now get to things and you can SEE everything! Great job!

    ReplyDelete